Taken from Ontario.ca
Mandatory retail business closures on holidays
The Retail Business Holidays Act says retail businesses in Ontario must be closed on the following nine holidays each year:
- New Year’s Day (January 1)
- Family Day (the third Monday of February)
- Good Friday (the Friday before Easter Sunday – typically in March or April)
- Easter Sunday (typically in March or April)
- Victoria Day (the last Monday before or on May 24)
- Canada Day (July 1 – if July 1 is a Sunday, the mandatory closure moves to the following Monday)
- Labour Day (the first Monday in September)
- Thanksgiving Day (the second Monday in October)
- Christmas Day (December 25)
But there are exceptions this.
To find more information about the exceptions, please click here.